Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hyderabad Nostalgia

A picture of the Tankbund and the Buddha statue triggered nostalgia which brought me to tears. I don't have a clue why but I miss it sorely.
I miss Osmania campus where I spent most of my childhood. We were living inside the campus forest from my kindergarten till ninth grade. There are so many wonderful memories of that place. The temple near the Arts college, the secret  berry trees deep inside the forest, the little pots we made out of earthworm shit, the fire we made everyday in the winter, the games we played every evening, the howls we let out during the power cuts, the training that I got in cricket, lalithamma and her daughters, biking around, my rock en route to Tagore auditorium. So many memories of the place.
And once I became old enough to go around on my own, Tank bund, the cinema theatres, Hyderabad central, Shankarmutt. Going to the sunday second hand book sale in Koti with my father. I miss Hyderabad. My home.


No comments: